Archive for September, 2010
Are you looking for an exotic Caribbean honeymoon destination? Belize makes the perfect spot for newlyweds with its stunning beach resorts, warm turquoise waters, secluded jungles and majestic ruins.
Belize is becoming ever more popular with North Americans. Formerly known as British Honduras, Belize lies on the eastern coastline of Central America, bordered to the north by Mexico, to the west and south by Guatemala, and to the east by the Caribbean Sea.
Belize is an English-speaking country with a population of approximately 260,000. It has been an independent nation since 1981 and is a member of the British Commonwealth. The country has no military and, since its independence from England, has enjoyed a stable parliamentary democracy. Belize is an offshore tax center with no taxation or capital gains tax on offshore International Business Corporations (IBCs). The country’s national currency is the Belize dollar, which trades at a fixed exchange rate of $2 Belize to $1 U.S.
The U.S dollar and major credit cards are widely accepted throughout Belize.
Belize has a tropical climate. The dry season runs from January to May, while the wet season peaks in June and July. Long-term monthly mean temperatures vary from 27 °C to 31 °C from May to December. The mean minimum temperature varies from 17 °C in February to 22 °C in June.Tags: honeymoon, honeymoon ideas, Travel
Posted in Honeymoon, Travel | No Comments »
Each year, divorce rates continue to rise in the United States. Many couples are looking for opportunities to damage-proof their relationships before they say “I do.” Pre-marital counseling is just one approach couples are taking.
What is Pre-Marital Counseling?
Pre-marital counseling is usually facilitated by a skilled family therapist or a members of the clergy. The function of pre-marital counseling is two-fold:
- To assist couples in developing skills to navigate their way through marriage successfully
- To identify and resolve (if possible) areas of difference between couples that may become a source of conflict later
Many professionals performing pre-marital counseling will use assessment tools to help identify these potential difficulties. Perhaps the most commonly used instrument is the PreMarital Inventory (PMI). The PMI addresses the following areas, all common discussion grounds in pre-marital counseling:
- Interests and Activities
- Role Expectations
- Personal Adjustment
- Interpersonal Communication
- Religion and Philosophy
- Marriage Expectations
- Family Issues
- Children (and Parenting)
When Should a Couple Seek Pre-Marital Counseling?
The basis for the following criteria has been suggested by the California Association for Marriage Family Therapists:
- When you are young and have never been married
- When one partner is “commitment-phobic”
- When a couple cannot resolve significant issues (if a couple has disagreements regarding money, parenting, household responsibility, work, sex, etc. the time to resolve them is before marriage)
- When one or both partners have a previously failed marriage and want to avoid repeating the same mistakes
Additional reasons to enter pre-marital counseling may include:
- Difficulty handling conflict: No marriage tool box is complete (nor can any marriage survive) without strong conflict resolution skills.
- History of childhood abuse or domestic violence: Abuse, unfortunately, has been correlated with higher rates of divorce. It is important to seek help from a trained professional to learn alternatives to patterns that have resulted from emotional or physical abuse, or to heal from the hindrances of sexual abuse before marriage.
Other Considerations in Preparing for Marriage
- Don’t fall for the classic marriage myths: Analyzing the Myths of Marriage before you say “I do” can be good preventative medicine.
- Educate yourself on marriage in general. Browse the internet or your local bookstore for information on marriage and relationships.
- If blending families, couples may want to prepare for the transition by following the Help for Blended Families Steps to Success as well as developing a Parenting Plan.
Marriage, and family, can be among life’s greatest assets. If we strive to protect assets that mean less to us than our loved ones, why not explore the issues ahead of time to “damage-proof” the precious gift of marriage?
Where to Find Pre-Marital Counseling?
Texas now offers free marriage education classes around the state. The classes are at least 8 hours long and focus on helping couples develop communication and conflict resolution skills and other tools for a strong relationship.
After completing the class, you will get a certificate that you can take to your county clerk to save $60 on a marriage license. And you won’t have to wait 72 hours to be married. The waiting period is waived for couples who complete the course.
Visit Twogether in Texas for more information or to find a class near you.Tags: marriage license, pre-maritial counseling, relationship, Texas
Posted in Advice, Articles, First Steps, News | No Comments »
Join Bella Bridesmaid for its grand opening celebration!
Bella Bridesmaid is a by appointment boutique offering stylish, wearable bridesmaid dresses and informal bridal gown alternatives. Brides and Bridesmaids will feel pampered during their appointment and will be impressed by the wide range of designer dresses to choose from. The selection of hot designers, many new to Austin, include Lula Kate, Anna Elyse, Alvina Valenta, Two Birds, Amsale, Vineyard, Alix and Kelly, Badgley Mischka, Coren Moore, Queue and Simple Silhouettes. Beautiful accessories, flower girl dresses and mother of the bride options also available.Tags: bridesmaids dresses, modern bridesmaid, wedding attire
Posted in Beauty, Bridal Events, Finery | No Comments »
If you are an Austin bride-to-be, visit www.AustinWeddings.com!
If you are a San Antonio bride-to-be, visit www.SAweddings.com!
We look forward to seeing you at the show…Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »
Posted in Advice, Bridal Events, General info. | No Comments »
2tarts Bakery & Catering serves up delicious treats with a gourmet flavor and fun-filled attitude. Sisters April Weilbacher and Ashley Williams are spreading happiness one full belly at a time! Meet the 2tarts Bakery divas in this video:Cake, Catering | No Comments »
Photography, spotlight wedding, weddings
Posted in Spotlight Weddings | No Comments »