Today’s blog submission comes from the wedding professionals at What’s the Event?
These days brides feel they can plan their wedding on their own. They see it as a money saver. And a common thought is that hiring a wedding planner will just add to the budget. But when an issue occurs with a vendor or when the bakery can’t find your reception location or the DJ plans to use an ipod, a wedding planner will be able to pick out the professionals from the amateurs.
Here are a few top reasons why you should consider hiring a planner:
1. A planner can help you mediate. She/he can act as a negotiator when any conflicts arise-between you and your vendors and possibly between family members. Really there is nothing worse than fighting with the very people who are supposed to help your wedding be beautiful and memorable.
2. A planner can help you organize. Your planner can procure permits and facility paperwork, especially useful if your wedding is out of your local area. She/he can see where you might be charged additionally for parking, security or time overages and assist in budgeting these items in and keeping things on time to prevent additional fees.
3. A planner can supervise your wedding . This means she/he is overseeing all the vendor setups on the day of the wedding. Making sure everything runs smoothly. There is nothing worse than you getting your makeup and hair done and directing the florist how you want the flowers set up or where the DJ or band needs to hook up for sound. This is a huge reason alone to hire a planner.
4. A planner can help you orchestrate your wedding. The planner typically leads, or “conducts” everyone through the wedding procession, telling the band when to play, having signaled the DJ when you’re making your grand entrance, and when the bridesmaids need to start their walk down the aisle. This is no job for a cousin, auntie or friend. It is really a lot of running around which is why planners usually do not wear high heels because it is more like a track and field event.
5. A planner can help inspire you. She/he can help suggest colors, themes, menu ideas, and unique favors, great “out of the box” fun ideas. Use his/her experience , they have definitely been to many more weddings than most and have seen what works and what doesn’t. She/he has also seen what everyone does and doesn’t do, so those “out of the box” ideas you’re thinking of, they can see how and if they will really work.
So a planner is so much more of a partner than just a person who helps you get vendors. They are the Thelma to your Louise, the ideal bad cop to your good cop and very plainly, provide the perfect partner in crime.